Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve + No Babysitter = Party of 4




Happy New Year! With no real plans for the evening, we headed out after dinner to Auditorium Shores where the city sponsored a kid-friendly New Year's event. Entertainment included glow-in-the-dark circus performers, live music and good old fashioned funnel cakes and caramel apples. Ed and I sported short sleeves - the warmest New Year's Eve we could remember. The boys had fun but quickly got antsy and tired once the funnel cake was devoured. We knew we'd never make it for the 10:00 fireworks... After the kids were in bed, Ed and I played a celebratory Scrabble double-header over champagne. Woo hoo! (He won both games - by a lot I might add). I think 2012 will be the year to avenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment