Thursday, August 28, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten


This Monday was a big day: Morgan's first day of Kindergarten at Becker Elementary. It was an early morning, which will take some getting used to, followed by a 10 minute walk to school with the family. Morgan was in good spirits and did fine going into his classroom with his teacher. I, on the other hand, found myself teary eyed as I walked with Dean and Ed back home. This was a big moment for our big guy and we are proud of him. At the end of the day, he said he had fun, although there "wasn't as much playing" as he thought : ) He did get excited when describing the playground equipment to me though.

The next couple days were a little tougher, as drop off was at the school-wide assembly vs. his classroom. I think all the people, noise and stimulus was too much for him and he refused to let me leave his side until his class walked back to the room. We're working on being brave and dealing with the overwhelming feelings as he makes this transition. Welcome to the Becker Bobcats, Morgan!

No comments:

Post a Comment