Saturday, April 28, 2012

Diva Dash

Team pink socks from left: Ronda, Robyn, me, Siiri, Laura, Melissa & Jill

Me and Siiri
Ran in my first race last weekend: The Diva Dash -- a 5K with 10 obstacle courses sprinkled throughout. I started running 3 years ago, at first to loose the baby weight, but never really took it seriously - just happy to get out there and certainly not competitive with my time, etc. so I figured a race with obstacle courses would be the perfect gateway race. How serious could it be when you have to go through a maze or a room full of bubbles (and is that really considered an obstacle???) And come on, folks, everyone knows what a girly-girl I am so what better race to run than a "Diva Dash" where you can wear make-up and tu-tus? I ran with our friend Siiri and some other girls on the Stroller Strides team. We all finished together, somewhere around 45 mins (none of us wore the timing chip so I can't be sure). The obstacles comprised of a balance beam, running through tires, a maze, a rope web, carrying a log up and down a hill, hurdles on land, hurdles in the lake (we were in chest-deep!), going around buoys in the lake, climbing a rope canopy wall and running through the aforementioned bubble room. It was rather hilly, but a fun run on a beautiful day and I would definitely do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment