Friday, April 6, 2012

Wow, the Dominican sure looks a lot like Austin...

(Insert beautiful pristine beach shot here)



Ed won his incentive trip for 2011 sales: 4 days, 3 nights in Cap Cana's new Fishing Lodge resort. Luxury accommodations included private villas with infinity pools that feed into the larger resort pool so you don't even have to set foot on land! Personally, I was very excited to have 4 kid-free days where we could sleep in, sip cocktails and just totally veg out. We flew my mom in from North Carolina to stay with the kids (thanks mom!) but things didn't really go as planned. Upon check-in at the Austin airport, we discovered that my passport was expired. I was so upset with myself. I mean I used to be the most detail oriented person I know. A double-checker to the point where I was borderline anal. How did this happen? It was like from a scene in a movie and I'd think "Yeah right, how could they let that happen???" Well, it did and my oversight cost us the trip. We tried to make the best of it though, taking advantage of my mom being in town to babysit often while Ed and I enjoyed the sights of Austin. We got massages, went bike riding, played tennis, ate out and saw some live music and even a movie. It was great, but we still had kids jumping on our bed at 7:30; not quite the vacation I had in mind.

So a BIG sorry out to Ed, who handled all it all great by the way. I think I was the one who was more upset. Thanks for not being mad at me and I promise it will never happen again ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment