Monday, June 11, 2012

Greenville & Chapel Hill, North Carolina


Well, I wish we could have visited in better health, but upon arriving to my mom's in Greenville, Ed's illness worsened, keeping him holed up in the guest room for pretty much 5 days. Morgan, Dean and I however were able to enjoy our time including playing at Nana & P-Pop's with their dog Sandy, going on hikes and playgrounds, checking out Little Washington and my mom's gallery there, visiting my grandparents and eating some good home cooking, which was welcome after all those meals on the road. Towards the end of the week as everyone was feeling better, I was the one feeling nauseous. Needless to say, after driving to Chapel Hill to stay with my brother and his family, the virus was in full effect and we ended up spending most of our time in the house while I recovered. At least we were able to attend my nephew Jonas' 6th Birthday Party at Mapleview Dairy Farm where we got to milk cows and eat fresh ice cream : ) We will have to return in better health next time so we can explore more with the kids! Thanks Nana and Darren for your hospitality and clean bathrooms : )












No comments:

Post a Comment