Thursday, September 20, 2012

Morgan the budding Artist

Our numbers man has put down the calculator and taken a huge interest in drawing -- mostly cars, bridges, buses, and then most recently, sounding out letters to spell words. We have seriously gone through 4 packs of construction paper in the past 3 weeks and one of those is a bulk size!!! I wanted to share some of his latest works:

cars and numbers

writing things I like (I helped him with spelling on these- except for "you" which he insisted was spelled "yoo")
cars with numbers 1-5 on a bridge with poles
I don't know, but I like it
 

This has got to be one of my favorites. So, he wrote his name at the mid-left part of the paper, then above it, the lyrics to "Life is a Highway" starting at "EF..." = "If you're going my way, then I wanna drive it all night long, yeah, yeah, yeah..." Morgan wrote from left to right, then wrote up to continue to the next line rather than down, but see if you can follow it. Hilarious.

Morgan isn't much for drawing people -- I literally think he's drawn less than five in his life and none of them were very clear -- but the other day I almost cried when he drew this out of nowhere:


He said Dean had long fingernails and spikey hair. Ok, I'm a proud mom, this one has made it to fridge status : )

No comments:

Post a Comment