Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Austin Celebrity Sitings

Sorry, been a while since I've posted. Everyone except Ed has been sick so it's taken me a while to catch up...

We had a couple of chance run-ins with some celebrities I wanted to share. First, Ed and I went to Salty Sow for dinner and on our way out of the restaurant, passed a table where Tom Kite, winner of the 1992 US Open sat with his wife and another couple. I of course had no clue who he was, but Ed knew right away. He deliberated about saying hi, but they were done with their meal and when the wife of the other couple left the table, Ed took the opportunity to say hi and get and autograph and picture:

Then a couple weeks later, while out a bar with some friends, we saw Justin Long (the "apple" guy in the old apple vs. pc commercials and in some other movies like "He's just not that into you" and some new one with Drew Barrymore...) Anyways, he was playing corn hole with some friends and we got winners so we actually ended up playing a game with him. It was funny and he was nice. Apparently, he lives here in Austin. After talking to him and his friends for a while, I think people thought we were with his group. Ed overheard a group of girls who were gawking at him (Ed -- not Justin) and say, "I know I've seen that guy before, but I just can't think of where...." Ha!

Now all we have to do is run into Matthew McConaughey, Sandra Bullock and Lance Armstrong -- other well known Austinites : )


No comments:

Post a Comment