Thursday, October 24, 2013

The big 40

 Ed turned 40 this past weekend and had a few surprise visitors... While having dinner at Lucky Robot with the kids and I on Friday, first Steve showed up and then Ed's mom 5 minutes later. Little did Ed know that I had picked them up earlier that afternoon with the kids. (A promise of ice cream kept the boys from spilling the beans to daddy - I was both thankful and concerned about that)! Afterwards, Linda and I took the kids home while Ed and Steve had a night on the town, hitting up live music at The Continental Club, Guerro's, Mohawk and then Firehouse. I have to say by the time Ed stumbled home, I had never seen him so wrecked. He paid for it the next day as 40 year olds just don't bounce back from hangovers like they used to : ) We paid a visit to Rudy's for lunch, then the 4 of us adults had a chance to go out Saturday night where we had Polvo's for dinner followed by drinks at Rainey St. Sounds like our night was much more tame though. We also had a chance to take Linda and Steve to the new house (which is pretty darn close to being finished).

I hope Ed had a nice bday. In less than a month, he and I will be going to Maui which is his main gift from myself and lots of family members. We look forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment