Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Umlauf Sculpture Garden

Whoops. Found these photos on my camera from September when we went to the Umlauf Sculpture Garden that never made it onto the blog... This was one of those places I wanted to visit when we were here last year, but never made it. I took the boys on a sunny Friday when it opened and we were pretty much the only people there. They have a winding outdoor trail through a manicured garden with all kinds of beautiful sculptures throughout. It was a little hard to keep Dean from not running off or ahead so I don't know how many of the sculptures I actually got to enjoy, but it was fun for the kids and a beautiful venue. They had a cute scavenger hunt with photos only showing portions of a sculpture for your clues. Morgan did pretty good with all except for the last one which I genuinely couldn't find myself. We made a few loops around the garden before we finally found that darn bird at the foot of St. Francis. Mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment